Monday, September 14, 2009

And now, Some Finished Socks

"Angee" socks from Cookie A.'s "Sock Innovation" (link to .pdf preview of the book, showing most of the socks). No, this is not the yarn used in the book, this is the "Hearth" multi from Knitpicks.com, in their "Stroll" sock yarn. Good match, eh? My moosies are kinda covered up, though.


Well, that picture came out a bit dark, didn't it. A variation on the "Twisted Rib" socks from Interweave's 25 Favorite Socks book - the twisted rib columns are one stitch wider than the pattern is written. We're all smart enough to figure that one out. :) The yarn is Brown Sheep Co. Wildefoote, color "Tom Cat" which I thought was grey-ish with one pinkish ply, but I'm told by VS shows up as purple.

"Milo" from "Sock Innovation." And the moose on my blockers. Yarn is "Ty-Dye", and I think I did an awsome job of splitting the skein to get obviously-related socks, thankyouverymuch.


Yet Still Another Cookie A. pattern, "Monkey" from Knitty.com. Yarn is "Crazy Zauberball", I don't think the colorway has a name. I hope it shows up better on your screen than this one - it goes through dark teal, burgundy, grey, brown, and looks really cool, in about 3/4"-1" bands. The heels I did in Wildefoote "Cranberry" to keep the color-changing going down the foot. I think it's a decent color match, but heavier yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I allow anonymous contents, moderation is on so I can catch spam and whatnot.